Materials for Adventures with Atoms and Molecules Book I


Adventures With Atoms and Molecules uses the most basic of supplies (no special chemicals) to perform the experiments. I found everything on the list in two stores. The item I had a little trouble with was Certs. In addition, the materials call for 4 kinds of balls, which I wished I had been on the lookout for beforehand (tennis, rubber, raquet, and golf). I ended up spending about $40. Part of that is because I:

-bought a bin to store it all in
-specifically bought household things (like salt, ziplock bags, chalk, vinegar, etc) that I didn't already have doubles of because I wanted to ensure that I didn't (Murphy's Law) run out of something on experiment day.
-I saved some money by using glass jam jars instead of buying something similar

*note: keep the mints elsewhere or else your entire bin will be infused with the smell, even my glass jars.

Household: (You may already have these things)

almond extract
vanilla extract
aluminum foil
baking soda
bottle opener
bowl
cinnamon
ziplock-style bags
coins
cooking oil
dishwashing liquid soap
drinking glasses
flour
food coloring
grape juice
grapefruit juice
grocery bags
ice cubes
jars with lids
kitchen sink
knife
measuring cups and spoons
metal cookie sheet
oven
pans
paper clips
paper cups
paper towels
pennies
plastic ballpoint pen
pepper
plastic comb
plastic pail
pliers
pot holders
freezer
rubber bands
salt
scissors
shoe box with lid
bubbles with bubble ring
soft drink bottle
spoon
sugar
string
tape
tea
tennis balls
toothpicks
vanilla extract
water
yeast

Specialty:

balloons
Certs brand mint
chalk
epsom salts
permanent marker
golf balls
gumdrops
hard candies
insulated wire
Ivory Soap (specifically)
meter stick
racquetballs
Rolaids
rubber balls
sand
6-volt lantern battery
wax paper
Wint-O-Green Lifesavers
wire
yardstick


Food:

apple cider vinegar
beets (canned)
chili powder
Coke
corn syrup
distilled white vinegar
lemon extract
lime juice
marshmallows
oregano leaves
parsley
peaches
7-Up

Perishable, to be purchased as needed:


apple
avocado
bananas
onions
red cabbage leaves
strawberries
tomatoes


I'm so pleased you are utilizing Classical Curriculum!
Teresa (Tracy) Dear



No comments:

Post a Comment